» Forgotten Realms Calendar / Campaign Timeline     » Amassed Loot     » Monster Roster     » Current Party Stats    

January 18, 2004

Home and Alive

Areon's Journal

…We managed to drag all the wounded to a dead-ended hallway and prepared for a fight, but Antonio had other ideas.

He dumped oil all over the ground in the 5-foot wide passage that we were in and when the fist Kobold appeared, he tried to light the oil on fire. He passed out, so I dragged him out of the way, but the oil caught fire, torching the kobold and blocking off the tunnel for a short time.

The tunnel quickly filled with smoke, and we were forced to find a new place to hide. Tassar and I carried everyone to the ledge that we had been ambushed from last. We pulled up the ladder, giving us a safe spot to stay at for a while. Tassar and I kept watch for about 16 hours while kobold would sneak up, attack and flee. Of course, we were often able to notice them coming before they realized that we had and would manage to surprise the ambushers. Finally the attacks stopped for a while, and Tassar and I were able to get some rest.

Deitricha came to; enough at least to cast a healing spell on herself and on a few of us. Tassar decided that he should wander off alone in the dark to attack the kobolds. Deitricha gave him her everburning torch, which Tassar promptly hid under his clothing. He then wandered off.

Shortly after we heard a rain of sling stones, and Tassar tossed Deitricha’s torch on the ground, providing some illumination of the ambush he had blundered into. Theona rushed ahead to help Tassar, but I spotted a group coming to attack us from the rear, so I did my best to keep them from over running us. The battle was quite taxing, as Antonio went into unconsciousness again. But after we had driven off the attack we were un-harassed for a whole day. We decided that we should tread deeper into the cave, since we seemed to be in better shape than the past couple days. Theona led the party into a very narrow tunnel, and I heard a curse, and then a loud bang, and it appeared that the party had become deafened. I guessed it was the work of a thunderstone, but I didn’t see it, so I was not sure.

Tassar rushed into yet another ambush, this one led by a bigger kobold who was in armor and carrying a battleaxe. Deitrcha healed the wound I had accumulated, but the kobold hit her with his axe and she went down with a nasty gash in her side. I knew I couldn’t help her, so I tried my hardest to take out the axe-wielding kobold, but his armor just deflected all my attacks. He managed to make me see stars with that axe, and I knew I was out of the fight. The rest of the party managed to kill him, and fortunately all the kobolds scattered when he went down. Theona found the rest of the tribe, and “bargained” terms for them to leave in peace.

We rigged up a stretcher for Deitrcha, and headed home with our treasure. We must have been quite a sight, four bloody warriors traveling with a fifth unconscious comrade…

We took Deitrcha to her temple where a cleric healed her wounds. Then we headed to celebrate.

There was a greatsword in the treasure, which had been obviously made by a master weaponsmith, so I asked that I could take it as part of my treasure. We split up the rest, selling the other jewelry and weapons. Over all I think we all managed to collect about 600 gold worth of items (and reward) each…that should keep us well off for a little while…

Posted by Tim at 13:25 | Areon’s Journal

Long Day

Antonio's Journal

Got up this morning still at the bar. I think I celebrated a little too much that night, but I was just so overjoyed to be alive. The others showed up and I bought breakfast, coffee, and juice all around. We then went to get our pay and see if he had any other jobs available. He hired us on the spot to do some caravan guarding. It paid 100 gp up front and 100 gp when we get back. I convinced everyone it would be a good idea to get a wagon and 2 horses. I then went to do some shopping. I’m surprised at how many people I know and they always seem happy to see me. I got stuff for our trip: healing kits, food for the horses, and all kinds of stuff. I also placed an order at this smith who is extremely good at what he does. I’m getting 5 silver mugs made real nice. Each one is going to have a name nicely engraved on it. One mug per person in the group. I think they’ll like them. I should be back before it’s done, but I already paid and left instruction on where to send it when they’re done. After a bit I caught up with Theona and Areon. I never told them of the mugs; I want it to be a surprise.

Theona told me that Tassar and Deitricha walked off alone and drunk and she seemed disturbed by it. They’re both adults and can make there own decisions. She also told me of people coming up missing so I decided we should check it out. It would keep her mind off of the couple.

After some walking along the docks for a bit we heard a scream and went to the rescue. Theona and Areon followed down into the sewers; I waited up top for the guards to arrive since Areon had signaled them with a whistle.

The guards and I caught up with Theona and Areon after they killed a ghoul, but because the kidnapped person wasn’t there we continued looking. We came across a hidden door and found what later turned out to be a slave ring. We had to run for our lives, but I think we helped a little. I hope the guards find them before too many more people come up missing.

The next day was rather quiet and I think that was good. Now its time to go on duty ourselves and I only hope everyone is on time.

Posted by Fred at 21:22 | Antonio’s Journal